China Green Bond Market 2017 is the Climate Bond Initiative's second annual flagship publication reviewing China’s progress on green bond issuance, policy development and market growth. To play their part in reaching the global USD1tn by 2020 milestone, the Chinese market needs to achieve a tenfold growth in green bond issuance in the next three years.
The report outlines five catalysts for growth, including:
- A greener ‘Belt and Road Initiative’
- Increasing green sovereign and sub-sovereign issuance
- Inter-country capital flows supporting green bond market growth
- A growing role for Hong Kong
- A ‘Green Bond Connect’ to help international investors invest in China’s domestic market