Trade and Competitiveness
The Trade and Competitiveness Research Committee examines the effects of green growth policies on the patterns and volume of trade, on national and firm competitiveness, and on employment. This work stream, in the initial stages, is prioritizing the identification of data gaps and potential options for addressing them, particularly in developing countries.
ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
An enduring concern for both developed and developing countries is the balance between environmental policy and the international competitiveness of both nations and individual firms. The Trade and Competitiveness Research Committee examines the effects of green growth policies on the patterns and volume of trade, on national and firm competitiveness, and on employment. This work stream is prioritising the identification of data gaps and potential options for addressing them, particularly in developing countries.
CURRENT RESEARCH PRIORITIES
In May 2017, the Trade and Competitiveness Research Committee released a scoping study in the working paper: "Analysis of Existing Environmental Policy Databases". The paper assesses 24 databases that provide information on environmental policies implemented by national governments. The review of each database summarises the type of information provided, the breadth of coverage, the accessibility of data, and the strengths and weaknesses of each database with respect to the overall objective of improving access to environmental policy data for assessing the impact of environmental policies on competitiveness and trade.
GGKP TRADE PAPERS
- Measuring Environmental Action and Economic Performance in Developing Countries, Serban Scrieciu (2015)
- Greening Global Value Chains: Implementation Challenges, Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné (2013)
- Greening Global Value Chains: Innovation and the International Diffusion of Technologies and Knowledge, Matthieu Glachant (2013)
- Building Green Global Value Chains - Committed Public-Private Coalitions in Agro-Commodity Markets, Chris Anstey, Jessica Nyman, Lucian Peppelenbos, Joost Oorthuizen (2013)
- International Trade and Green Growth, Brian Copeland (2012)
- Trade in a "Green Growth" Development Strategy: Global Scale Issues and Challenges, Jaime de Melo (2012)
- The Cost of Adjustment to Green Growth Policies: Lessons from Trade Adjustment Costs, Guido Porto (2012)
- Green Industrial Policy: Trade and Theory, Larry Karp, Megan Stevenson (2012)