Amongst others, the main achievements of the project: Policy, Macro-economic Assessments and Instruments to Empower Governments and Business to Advance Resource Efficiency and Move Towards a Green Economy include:
1) Global analysis using system dynamic modelling and sectorial analysis providing the economic case for investing in the sectors of agriculture, forest, fisheries, tourism, water, waste, renewable energy, transport;
2) Publications of policy briefs on “Forest in a Green Economy” and “Why Green Economy matters to the Least Developed Countries”
3) UN-wide engagement in green economy was actively promoted through joint publications, joint events and contributions resulting in a vast number of green economy activities now being promoted by other UN agencies, IGs and NGOs.
4) National scoping studies to encourage a transition to a green economy have been initiated.
5) In four countries follow up projects have been initiated that further explore the application of specific strategies and measures, and or sectorial approaches. A number of partner countries have adopted new plans, regulations, market based instruments and incentives that encourage a transition to Green Economy.