The GGKP was established during a period of great momentum leading up to the convening of the Rio+20 Conference. Since then, the global discourse on green growth and green economy has evolved and matured and the concepts are gaining traction in national-level projects, policies, and global initiatives.
The GGKP’s first three years were focused on launching the initiative, establishing its core work areas, developing a robust web platform, and building a global partnership of leading green growth institutions. The GGKP’s next three years, as reflected in the GGKP Strategic Plan and Work Programme (2016-2018), will be focused on maximising its impact by:
- Establishing the GGKP as the global leader in collaboratively translating, communicating, and addressing the knowledge and data needs of green growth practitioners and policymakers;
- Significantly increasing outreach and engagement with developing country institutions and experts;
- Producing synthesised reports, and learning products that build on the GGKP’s accumulated knowledge and data;
- Promoting and supporting green growth and green economy national-level activities led by its partner organizations (including development of national green growth development strategies, or more targeted activities to support, for instance, climate change resilience, eco-innovation or green jobs); and
- Expanding the frequency of in-person and virtual meetings in order to empower the green growth community to share knowledge and expertise.