Closing Date: 13/August/2017
Consultancy: Communications and Events Consultant for PAGE
Department: UN Environment
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Duration: 5.5 months
UN Environment has initiated the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) PAGE is a multi year-year programme responding to the Rio+20’s call for the UN system to support countries interested in pursuing green economy policies. PAGE deploys the joint expertise of five UN agencies – ILO, UN Environment, UNIDO, UNITAR and UNDP – to progressively assist a total of 20 countries in their efforts to embark on green economy pathways. The collective endeavor ranges from mobilizing social awareness and providing specialized training to identifying critical bottlenecks, formulating and assessing policy options, and enabling policy implementation for greening the economy. The programme also includes global and regional level capacity development, knowledge creation and sharing, and high-level policy dialogues, all to enrich and strengthen country level assistance. PAGE, is currently operating in seven countries with additional country activities being launched in the coming months and years.
Based on the European Commission (EC) project workplan for PAGE Outcome 4 – global knowledge creation and knowledge sharing activities, outreach and communication, UN Environment is seeking a Communications Consultant to guide and deliver the communications work for the partnership. The consultancy is located in UN Environment/Economy Division office in Geneva.
The objective of this consultancy is to initiate, guide and implement the communications and outreach related work for PAGE in coordination with other PAGE colleagues, the communication focal points of the branch and the division and of the other agencies involved in the partnership. This includes work on websites and other communications tools, events, social media, publications, press releases, and strategic documents.
EXPECTED PRODUCTS AND OUTPUTS
The main activities to be carried out within this consultancy are:
- Produce and update communication materials and tools for the partnership (especially writing, preparing presentation of, editing and presenting monthly newsletter, flyer, brochures, annual reports, country updates, country stories and narratives, articles).
- Initiate and organize outreach events and webinars, and contribute to the implementation of international conferences, capacity building workshops and country level meetings (deliver on: writing, preparing presentation of, editing and speaking on screening of opportunities, development of concepts, press releases and other news coverage, coordination with partners, drafting briefings and speaking points, with audience including partner UN agencies and country representatives).
- Lead the development of content, regular updates and maintenance for PAGE website (deliver on: drafting and editing of text, coordination with partners, functioning of technical setting, provision of highlights).
- Build and maintain a network of internal and external partners supporting communications and outreach work of PAGE available and actively engaged (coordinate with UN Environment communication team and communication of PAGE partners, identify opportunities, and encourage outreach on green economy, link to other platforms and websites).
- Report to PAGE management board and donor steering committee on communications work under the partnership (deliver on: writing, editing and proofreading of communication products).
- Oversee publication of country reports and other substantive publications of the partnership (deliver on: development of templates, common features, coordination with editors, layout, proofreading and quality assurance).
- Provide Strategic inputs to PAGE planning documents on communications related aspects provided and inputs into overall UN Environment communication processes secured.
HOW TO APPLY
For further details, please see the Job Description.
Applicants are requested to submit the application by 13 August 2017.