Closing Date: 17/September/2017
Consultancy: Sustainability Reporting Toolkit Development
Department: Economy Division/UN Environment
Location: Paris, France
Duration: 5 months
To contribute to adequately achieve the objectives of the project ‘Enhancing Capacities to Manage Information from Corporate Sustainability Reporting in Latin American Countries’ , UN Environment is hiring the services of a consultant/consulting institution who will work on the development of a training of trainers’ toolkit which objective is to contribute to building policy makers’ awareness on sustainability reporting to inform policy decisions, and on developing their capacities to address sustainability reporting from a policy perspective.
Under the direct supervision of the director of the sub-regional office for the southern cone and the programme officer of the consumption and production unit of the resources and markets branch, the selected consultant/consulting institution is expected to perform the following activities:
- Workshop's objectives, content and methodology
- Desk research
- Training materials
- Interactive exercises
- Facilitating sessions
- Session's evaluation report
- Training of trainer's toolkit
- Experience: At least 4 years of progressively responsible work experience in working on the corporate sustainability reporting agenda at the international level, either at policy or at business level. Professional experience working in collaboration with a diverse range of organizations including public authorities, private sector, academia and NGOs is required, including in developing country context. Demonstrated knowledge of, the contribution of sustainability reporting to sustainable development and of the link between the integration of Environmental, Social and Governance criteria and long term economic growth. Strong experience in developing communications training tools including audio-visual aids, guidebooks, handouts, and other standard training materials. Previous experience developing training toolkits will be a very distinctive advantage.
- Education: Advanced university degree in a field related to public policy, international development, social sciences, business management or a related field.
- Languages: For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of Spanish would be a distinct advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
For further details, please see the Job Description.