The Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century (REN21) is looking for a project manager and renewable energy technologies and systems analyst to join the team in the REN21 Secretariat in Paris.
- Project management and research coordination: Work collaboratively in the research direction team to manage the production of REN21’s Renewables Global Status Report (GSR):
- Coordinate production of specific GSR chapters (heating/cooling, market & industries, systems integration and enabling technologies) with authors and advisors, including facilitating collaboration between authors, special advisors, and contributors; developing chapter outlines; identifying/incorporating trends; carrying out critical review of text, figures, tables, and additional chapter content, etc.;
- Participate in the day-to-day management of the GSR production process including setting and monitoring of milestones, timeline, etc.;
- Research and analysis: identify research needs, coordinate REN21’s internal research, manage data collection (surveys, interviews, etc.);
- Identify and mobilise new contributors and collaboration partners
- REN21 renewable energy reporting: Participate in defining and further developing REN21’s renewable energy reporting; coordinate the integration of new renewable energy indicators into REN21’s data collection process (data collection questionnaires) and databases, in collaboration with the IT team; contribute to the management of REN21 databases
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis of energy sector issues for inclusion in REN21 publications, especially the GSR as well as other regional and thematic reports
- Interact with REN21 partners (IEA, IRENA, World Bank, industry associations, NGOs, regional renewable energy and energy efficiency centers, etc.) on renewable energy research and data
- Present REN21 reports and products at events, conferences, workshops, etc.
- An academic degree (masters or equivalent) in engineering or other related field, preferably with an energy specialisation
- Minimum three years’ experience in applied analysis, preferably within an energy context
- Excellent understanding of the overall energy sector, with specific knowledge about renewable energy technologies, systems integration and end-use sectors (heating, cooling, transport, power systems analysis)
- Proven experience drafting reports in English; Knowledge of German would be an asset
- Excellent level of computer literacy, including the use of databases
- Outstanding communication and networking skills with ability to motivate and engage others
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as a member of an international team
- Comfortable with new ideas and approaches, pragmatic, flexible and open to diversity. The position is based in Paris with an immediate start date. The successful candidate must have the legal right to work in France. The working language of REN21 is English.
REN21 is the global renewable energy policy multi-stakeholder network that connects a wide range of key actors. REN21’s goal is to facilitate knowledge exchange, policy development and joint action towards a rapid global transition to renewable energy. REN21 brings together governments, nongovernmental organisations, research and academic institutions, international organisations and industry to learn from one another and build on successes that advance renewable energy. To assist policy decision making, REN21 provides high quality information, catalyses discussion and debate and supports the development of thematic networks. For more information, visit www.ren21.net.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter outlining your suitability and interest in the position, writing sample, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest by 8 August 2018. Please mention “REN21 Analyst – RDT_TS” in the e-mail header. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.