The Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) is looking for an Events and Communications Consultant to support the sustained economic transition of PAGE countries. The expected duration of the position is 17 September 2018 – 15 March 2019.
About the PAGE
The Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) brings together expertise and guidance of five UN agencies and eight funding partner countries to assist eighteen countries in their sustainable development. PAGE’s assistance spans the three economic, environmental and social pillars of sustainability to support the countries’ achievement of Sustainable Development Goals and the climate agenda. Specifically, PAGE seeks to put sustainability at the heart of economic policies and practices to transform brown economies into inclusive green economies. More information on PAGE is available at the PAGE website (www.un-page.org)
The objective of this consultancy is to support the sustained economic transition of PAGE countries, particularly through 1) alignment of PAGE operations to the long-term goals of the partnership and its partner countries, and 2) promotion of PAGE’s progress and best practices of sustainable development.
2. Draft, edit and publish online and offline materials to promote the partnership’s highlights, achievements, country stories and other outcomes. Facilitate website development, identify and establish new channels and partnerships for publicizing PAGE and its results. Provide substantive communication inputs for PAGE governance meetings.
3. Organize and facilitate a PAGE Beyond 2020 working group with key stakeholders in PAGE. Draft and finalize a concept note with options for the next phase of the Partnership (2020 onwards) with inputs from the PAGE Beyond 2020 working group and facilitate related discussions. Based on the concept note, prepare a more elaborate strategy paper visualizing a PAGE beyond 2020 and facilitate related discussions. Develop a partnership strategy and resource mobilization strategy as related elements, and set-up and facilitate updates and discussion with other initiatives and programmes and existing and potential funding partners.
- Academic Qualifications: Advanced university degree (Master’s) in communications, environmental economics, international development, public policy, public administration, economics or a related field.
- Experience: More than 3 years of work experience (in addition to internships and student experiences) in communication and organising events of various sizes and levels, such as side events, international conferences, working level and high-level meetings, including involvement in all stages of the preparation process.
- Language: Proven communication and writing skills in English.
How to apply
Further information and details regarding this internship can be found here. Only applications submitted electronically through the United Nations careers portal by 2 September 2018 will be given consideration.
Posting Period: 20 August 2018 - 2 September 2018
Job ID: 102703