The Green Fiscal Policy Network of UN Environment is looking for a consultant to support countries in delivering the SDGs and commitments under the Paris Climate Agreement and to manage the Green Fiscal Policy Network - a joint partnership established by UN Environment, IMF and GIZ. The deadline to apply is 14 January 2019.
About the Green Fiscal Policy Network
The Green Fiscal Policy Network is a joint partnership between UNEP, Germany Development Agency (GIZ) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) which aims to facilitate knowledge sharing, learning and dialogue on green fiscal policies.
(1) Green Fiscal policy Reform Network
• Manage and expand the activities and partnerships of the network for a higher visibility and recognition at the global stage. This entails developing a network strategy in the medium/long term and implementing agreed action points among the partners by closely engaging with them and communicate with them regularly to update them about the development of the network,
• Maintain and update the webpage with the help of web manager. This includes updating and expanding country profiles, gradually building up data set concerning fiscal policy reforms across countries and curating/ disseminating relevant knowledge products through the website;
• Issue regular monthly blogs on fiscal policy and green economy. This includes identify contributors, solicit and edit the blog;
• With the help of communication team, produce communication materials to promote the network. This includes synthesizing knowledge products (analytical papers)
• Report the assessment of the platform development to the partners and the donors;
(2) Global and national fiscal policy reforms for green economy
• Work on the conceptual framework for new projects. This implies carrying out background research including literature reviews, producing concept notes and engaging with internal colleagues and external experts;
• Assist with the implementation of country support on fiscal policy reforms. This entails organising national or regional meetings or workshops and producing country studies including preparing for ToRs, commissioning papers, reviewing as well as editing papers or providing trainings or technical assistance to the identified countries;
• Engage, under supervision of the Economics and Fiscal Policy unit, with countries that receive support on fiscal policy reforms, external experts and internal colleagues to carry out the aforementioned studies and organize relevant outreach activities. This includes coordinating with external experts, partners and relevant governments through Regional Offices;
• Work on the production of aforementioned studies and relevant communication materials by liaising with communication team.
(3) Outreach activities
• Work on the realization of technical meetings in collaboration with various partners.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal as well as external partnerships.
Academic Qualifications: Master’s or higher degree in economics, public policy, environment policy or a related field.
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• At least five years of accumulated work experience in public policy with focus on fiscal policy. Knowledge on green economy or general sustainable development issues advantages;
• Professional experience in producing economic/fiscal policy analysis both at national and sectoral levels and providing policy advice to national governments;
• Experience of working with governments and the UN system on the theme of Green Economy is an advantage.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Further information and details regarding this consultancy can be found here. Only applications submitted electronically through the United Nations careers portal by 14 January 2019 will be given consideration.
Posting Period: 28 December 2018 - 14 January 2019
Job ID: 109439