Closing Date: 30 October 2017 (KST)
Consultant: Online Platform Development
Department: Country Programming Division/Green Climate Fund
Location: Songdo, Incheon City, Republic of Korea
The Consultant will lead the development of an online knowledge exchange and volunteer platform for GCF’s National Designated Authorities (NDAs)/Focal Points (FPs) and Direct Access Entities (DAEs).
The platform will facilitate a direct exchange between NDAs/Focal Points (FPs), DAEs and other expert individuals and entities, on a voluntary basis, to share knowledge, exchange technical expertise and accelerate capacity building, with the overall aim of better preparing countries to access GCF resources and bring forward high quality projects and programmes. The GCF will design, build and maintain the platform. The platform will have the functionality to make connections and facilitate knowledge exchange between participating entities and individuals (NDAs/FPs, AEs and volunteer experts with target technical capacity), working as a marketplace for ideas and technical capacity.
The initiative will allow NDAs/Focal Points (FPs), DAEs and volunteers to team up to address climate finance challenges – anywhere in the world. By matching NDAs/Focal Points (FPs), DAEs, and skilled and passionate individuals to entities, in one platform, GCF can maximize the impact to achieve its objectives more effectively. The initiative is inspired by the belief that knowledge exchange by the largest possible number of individuals and entities able and available to offer information, experience, skills and expertise on a voluntary basis, will reinforce the capacities of the NDAs/Focal Points
- Manage the development and operations of the online knowledge and volunteer platform for the NDAs/FPs and DAEs;
- Define the scope of activities for the platform through a series of survey of potential partners’ interests and needs;
- Curate materials and exchange of information within the platform;
- Establish partnership and engagement strategy to promote the platform;
- Mapping and interaction with the regional champions of the initiative;
- Design and make recommendations of future functionalities of the platform.
- Coordinate the different activities within the GCF Secretariat, support staff/consultants/interns, and service providers for the development and implementation of the platform.
- Lead the development of the needed guidelines and materials to develop and implement the platform.
- Manage a team, in the beginning the team will be comprised of interns
- University degree in related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of experience;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and promoting digital platforms preferably for the international public sector;
- Working knowledge of the management cycle, including origination, implementation, and activities to develop similar initiatives;
- Knowledge of international climate negotiations and climate finance is an advantage;
- Good understanding and experience in operations of international organizations is an advantage;
- Familiarity with United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and other relevant processes is highly desirable;
- Understanding of governance issues (e.g. financial public management, political economy and other relevant areas) is a plus.
- In addition to the above, interested individuals must demonstrate an unquestionable personal reputation, integrity and ethical behavior throughout his or her professional career.
- The working language of the GCF is English. Fluency in another UN language, particularly French and Spanish, is an advantage.
How to apply
For further details, please see the Job Description.