The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is looking for an Associate to provide administrative support for the Office of Thought Leadership and their projects.
THE OFFICE OF THOUGHT LEADERSHIP:
The Office of Thought Leadership (TL) plays a critical part in supporting GGGI’s global, regional, and country-level programs and projects by:
- demonstrating GGGI’s leadership in evidence-based program planning and implementation, research, analysis, tools and methodologies, and knowledge dissemination, exchange, and cooperation;
- producing GGGI’s flagship and strategic knowledge products;
- conducting applied or policy research and analysis, and designing and disseminating analytical tools and methodologies;
- overseeing GGGI’s knowledge sharing (South-South cooperation) activities;
- leading climate diplomacy programs and activities;
- providing technical support to operational teams; and
- building and supporting partnerships with international development and academic institutions.
The Associate will work closely with team members and relevant stakeholders to support office administration tasks and at times support the development of knowledge products and knowledge sharing activities. S/he will also assist the team by supporting tasks such as those related to procurement actions, TL-led workshops and related project events and activities (e.g., to process travel arrangements and other logistical arrangements) in coordination with GGGI country teams, preparing documents for travel requests/claims for workshop participants, coordinating GGGI’s publications process, supporting budget preparation for the office, and assisting with finalizing publications and other project deliverables, among other things.
The Associate shall support engagement with in-house and external experts/organizations to promote GGGI’s Thought Leadership programs and activities. Where possible, the Associate will proactively liaise with staff across different Units, Departments, and Division to facilitate two-way communication and efficient business operations. This includes GGGI teams and staff in operational divisions, including country-based teams, as well as to a limited extent with external counterparts in government, research, academic, and other organizations with which GGGI collaborates.
The general roles and responsibilities of the Associate include:
- Providing general management and administrative support to the Office of Thought Leadership;
- Coordinating meeting schedules with internal and external stakeholders, preparing official correspondence, attending relevant meetings and drafting minutes, and regularly updating the office calendar (events, travel, and leave);
- Supporting project managers in preparing documents required for travel requests and claims for the workshops;
- Serving as the lead custodian for organizing, processing, recording, controlling, and archiving official GGGI publications and relevant TL documents, including but not limited to approval memos, contracts, logframes, deliverables, reporting documents, knowledge products, and administrative documents for payments, procurement, and financial reporting/audit;
- Collaborating with other units and divisions of GGGI on identified joint activities to ensure integrated delivery as 'One GGGI';
- Supporting the preparation and logistical planning for various events when required (i.e., workshops, trainings, conferences);
- Supporting TL budget preparation and related tasks;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: A university degree in business administration, public policy, international development, environmental management, economics, or other relevant disciplines related to green growth, climate change, and/or sustainable development;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a relevant role preferably in the public sector.
- Experience supporting administrative tasks and using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or similar software platforms;
- Team orientation, with excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Experience with formatting and designing publications using graphic design software such as InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, or Photoshop is an asset;
- Understanding of the concept of green growth and sustainable development challenges in developing and emerging countries is a plus;
- Experience working with developing countries is a plus;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must; knowledge of another relevant language is an asset.
GGGI needs a person who can bring more than knowledge and passion to the role: someone who has the grit and resilience to do this work, someone who is proactive, dynamic, and able to work together with minimal supervision. The successful candidate should be a skillful team member with an ability to interact within and beyond GGGI, a thoughtful communicator, a deep thinker, and a diplomatic change agent who understands the dynamics and tensions in this kind of diverse, global landscape. The individual should be:
- Able to work on multiple tasks with strict deadlines;
- Able to develop new skills and knowledge;
- Ready to anticipate and provide necessary support to the team;
- Able to handle complex multi-stakeholder relationships;
- Able to maintain a high degree of professional integrity;
- Able to effectively communicate, listen to others, and create and promote an environment for open communication; and
- Able to work effectively both independently and in teams with a high degree of cultural/professional diversity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online here.