The Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP) is seeking a Writer/Editor to support the GGKP's community engagement, Expert Working Groups, and governance reporting, including around the forthcoming Green Industry Platform and Green Finance Platform. The deadline to apply is 16 March February 2019.
- identifying major knowledge gaps in green growth theory and practice and addressing these gaps through the promotion of collaboration and coordinated research; and
- using world-class knowledge management and communication tools to provide practitioners, policymakers, and other experts with opportunities to access, share, and utilize green growth policy analysis, guidance, information, and data.
- Draft, edit and finalize the reporting products of GGKP, including annual report and impact report from existing data and progress monitoring elements
- Providing support in the publication of GGKP working papers and reports, including layout, copy editing, publication and wide-reaching dissemination
- Support communication of the Expert Connect solution through maintenance of expert database, drafting and editing of newsletter
- Maintaining the online content calendar for the three GGKP web platforms (policy, industry, and finance) and ensuring timely and relevant updates are made to the web platforms;
- Drafting and posting news stories and event announcements to the three web platforms covering new developments in the field green growth and green economy;
- Drafting monthly newsletters, providing readers with an overview of the newest research, events, courses and news available through the web platforms;
- Assisting in the planning, implementation and reporting on GGKP events, including collection and analysis of surveys to track GGKP key indicators.
- Assisting in supporting the green growth community of practice through established GGKP LinkedIn and Twitter groups and potential development of new groups focused on the industry and finance communities, including managing content, leading discussions and growing the user base, as well as other engagement techniques (e.g. Twitter Q&A, campaigns);
- Tracking various knowledge sharing mechanisms, such as online knowledge sharing platforms, internal communication groups, topical conferences, etc., and report on key developments, news or events relevant to GGKP or it users;
- Assisting in the identification, design and implementation of new knowledge sharing processes and mechanisms for the GGKP, including those which capitalize on the GGKP’s web platforms;
- Maintaining the GGKP contact list and events calendar; and
- Assisting in other operational tasks as necessary
- Academic Qualifications: Advanced (Master’s) degree or equivalent in communication, public administration, business administration, environmental policy or related area. Two years of additional relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Experience: A minimum of three years of accumulated work experience closely relevant to the outlined outputs/tasks.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English, especially superior ability in drafting and editing complex and technical content for the public, is required and may be tested through written assessments. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Further information and details regarding this vacancy can be found here. Only applications submitted electronically through the United Nations careers portal by 16 March 2019 will be given consideration.
Posting Period: 26 February 2019 - 16 March 2019
Job ID: 112665