Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Expected duration: 1 July 2019 – 30 June 2020
The Green Growth Knowledge Partnership (GGKP) is seeking a Writer/Editor to support its communications workstream, particularly internal and external reporting. The selected candidate will also support the development of the soon-to-be-launched Green Industry Platform and Green Finance Platform, the initiative's Expert Working Groups, digital policy solutions center (including Green Growth Expert Connect), and community engagement (including through social media and Knowledge Update newsletter). The deadline to apply is 21 May 2019.
About the GGKP
The Green Growth Knowledge Platform is a global partnership of over 58 leading international organizations, research institutes, and think tanks focused on:
- Collaboratively identifying knowledge gaps in green growth theory and practice;
- Catalysing knowledge generation to address these gaps; and
- Sharing and disseminating green growth knowledge.
The Writer/Editor will work closely with the GGKP's Communications and Knowledge Management Officers to:
- Draft, edit, and finalize the reporting products of GGKP, including annual report and impact report from existing data and progress monitoring elements
- Provide support in the publication of GGKP working papers and reports, including layout, copy editing, publication and wide-reaching dissemination
- Support communication of the Expert Connect solution through maintenance of expert database, drafting and editing of newsletter
- Maintain the online content calendar for the three GGKP web platforms (policy, industry, and finance) and ensuring timely and relevant updates are made to the web platforms;
- Draft and posting news stories and event announcements to the three web platforms covering new developments in the field green growth and green economy;
- Draft monthly newsletters, providing readers with an overview of the newest research, events, courses and news available through the web platforms;
- Assist in the planning, implementation and reporting on GGKP events, including collection and analysis of surveys to track GGKP key indicators.
- Assist in supporting the green growth community of practice through established GGKP LinkedIn and Twitter groups and potential development of new groups focused on the industry and finance communities, including managing content, leading discussions and growing the user base, as well as other engagement techniques (e.g. Twitter Q&A, campaigns);
- Track various knowledge sharing mechanisms, such as online knowledge sharing platforms, internal communication groups, topical conferences, etc., and report on key developments, news or events relevant to GGKP or it users;
- Assist in the identification, design and implementation of new knowledge sharing processes and mechanisms for the GGKP, including those which capitalize on the GGKP’s web platforms;
- Maintain the GGKP contact list and events calendar; and
- Assist in other operational tasks as necessary.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Outstanding writing abilities in English;
- Confidence in utilizing social media professionally;
- Familiarity with global environmental issues;
- Advanced (Master’s) degree or equivalent in communication, public administration, business administration, environmental policy or related area (two years of additional relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree);
- 3+ years relevant experience;
- Experience in the context of green growth policies, green industry, green finance and/or learning and training institutions;
- Experience in managing websites, especially in Drupal and/or involving knowledge products;
- Experience working with layout and/or design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite software.
HOW TO APPLY
Further information and details regarding this consultancy can be found here. Only applications submitted electronically through the United Nations careers portal by 21 May 2019 will be given consideration.
Posting Period: 8 May 2019 - 21 May 2019
Job ID: 116577