Closing Date: 18 June 2018
Intern: Environmental Affairs
Duration: 3-6 months
The Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP) is looking for an environmental affairs intern to support its research programme. The deadline to apply is 18 June 2018.
The Green Growth Knowledge Platform office in Geneva was launched in January 2014 to support a global partnership of over 40 leading international organizations, research institutes and think tanks focused on:
- Collaboratively identifying knowledge gaps in green growth theory and practice;
- Catalysing knowledge generation to address these gaps; and
- Sharing and disseminating green growth knowledge.
Its founding members, the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment), and the World Bank comprise GGKP’s Steering Committee, and provide strategic direction and oversight for the initiative.
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP), the intern will be responsible for the following:
- Support and facilitate the GGKP research programme and its working groups on: i) natural capital; ii) metrics and indicators; iii) trade and competitiveness; and (iv) others as necessary.
- Identify, assess, collect and categorize green growth resources to be part of the GGKP resource library, including green growth research, data and case studies.
- Identify and collect information on green growth projects being carried out by GGKP partners and other leading organizations in the field of green growth
- Collect and draft, as appropriate, meeting summaries, background notes and abstracts of green growth research and analysis.
- Support the GGKP office in organizing research-related meetings and web content.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions -Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English or French with knowledge of the other is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Further information and details regarding this internship can be found here. Only applications submitted electronically through the United Nations careers portal by 18 June 2018 will be given consideration.
Posting Period: 4-18 June 2018
Job ID: 98352