The Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP) is looking for a Green Growth and Natural Capital Research Consultant to provide substantive and programmatic support to the GGKP research programme and, particularly, the Expert Working Group on Natural Capital. The deadline to apply is 30 April 2019.
The Green Growth Knowledge Platform is a global partnership of over 58 leading international organizations, research institutes, and think tanks focused on:
- Collaboratively identifying knowledge gaps in green growth theory and practice;
- Catalysing knowledge generation to address these gaps; and
- Sharing and disseminating green growth knowledge.
- Produce background research and critical assessments of metrics, methods, data and tools relevant to natural capital and other GGKP research themes as required;
- Regularly review and track institutions and experts related to natural capital and other GGKP research themes as required, identifying outreach opportunities for the GGKP research programme and the GGKP mission as a whole;
- Draft summaries recording key discussion points and follow-up opportunities based on virtual and in-person meetings under the GGKP research programme;
- Support the development of communications materials, background notes, slides and proposals for improving the impact of GGKP’s research programme through outreach and meetings with potential partners and donor organizations;
- Provide proactive and timely research-related updates to the GGKP web platform.
- Skills: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the targeted audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Academic Qualifications: Master’s or higher degree in environmental economics or a related field is required. Understanding of green growth and natural capital research, concepts, initiatives and tools is required. Familiarity with land degradation and restoration, and / or natural infrastructure, is a plus.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in environmental economics or a related field is required. Experience in an international organization is an asset.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is a plus.
How to apply
Further information and details regarding this consultancy can be found here. Only applications submitted electronically through the United Nations careers portal by 30 April 2019 will be given consideration.
Posting Period: 10 April 2019-30 April 2019
Job ID: 115288