Closing Date: 23 January 2018
Consultant: Green Finance Platform Scoping Study
Duration: 15 February-30 April 2018
The Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP) is a ground-breaking partnership between 58 leading international organizations, research institutes and think tanks focused on promoting a green transition by:
- Identifying major knowledge gaps in green growth theory and practice and addressing these gaps through the promotion of collaboration and coordinated research; and
- Using world-class knowledge management and communication tools to provide practitioners, policymakers, and other experts with opportunities to access, share, and utilize green growth policy analysis, guidance, information, and data.
Its founding members, the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), UN Environment (UNEP), and the World Bank comprise GGKP’s Steering Committee, and provide strategic direction and oversight for the initiative.
About the role
Together with its partners, in 2018 the GGKP plans to launch online knowledge platforms geared towards two key communities for a green economy transition: industry (private-sector businesses) and finance. The GGKP is seeking an outstanding Consultant to conduct a scoping study for the design and launch of the new green finance platform. The study will provide a concise overview of the potential partners and audience for the green finance platform, the information and data needs to support financing a green economy transition, and the optimum funding and management model for long-term sustainability of the platform.
Under the direction of the Head, Green Growth Knowledge Platform Secretariat, the Consultant will develop a Green Finance Platform Scoping Study, including:
A Landscape Analysis (5 pages) to inform the strategic position of the green finance platform, including an analysis of:
- Current platforms (private or public) that are hosting data and knowledge products relating to green finance issues;
- Green economy organizations (international organizations, non-profits) that work with financial institutions;
- Public and private financial institutions that could be served by better access to data and knowledge products relating to green economy issues.
A survey and analysis of potential green finance platform members, users, and stakeholders, including governments, businesses and civil society organizations (5 pages). This analysis will include:
- Knowledge and information needs for the green finance community;
- What knowledge products members can offer the green finance platform.
A Green Finance Platform Design Proposal, building on the database and pathways structure of the GGKP website (10 pages, excluding illustrations). This will include:
- An outline of the types of data and information that should be hosted by a green finance platform;
- Clear and compelling use cases for green finance platform members and stakeholders;
- Recommendations of the target organizational members and target audience of the green finance platform website.
An assessment of management and funding models for building and maintaining the Green Finance Platform for an initial 3-year start-up phase (2 pages).
A Financial Sustainability Strategy outlining options for maintaining the financial sustainability of the green finance platform (5 pages). This will include models for:
- Support from green finance platform members, including through a membership fee, or other value creation;
- Support from GGKP founding organizations;
- Support from donor governments.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least seven years’ work experience in sustainable finance or a related field;
- Understanding of international organizations and the financial services sector;
- Understanding of the green the finance sector; academic or work experience in business strategy; marketing, and/or business development;
- Proven analytical skills;
- Proven outstanding writing abilities in English;
- Experience writing scoping studies;
- A Master’s degree in finance, knowledge management, economics, public policy, business, or related topic.
How to apply
Further information and details regarding this consultancy can be found here. Only applications submitted electronically through the United Nations careers portal by 23 January 2018 will be given consideration.
Posting Period: 10 January-23 January 2018
Job ID: 91275