The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is looking for a Head of Communications, Office of Director-General to support the development and implementation of the integrated marketing communication strategies at the Strategy, Partnership and Communications (SPC) Department.
Head of Communication Unit will lead the development and implementation of the integrated marketing communication strategies to consolidate one GGGI internally and promote its brand, vision, and mission externally and internally, providing the GGGI marketing direction and managing its brand, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders. Head of Communication Unit will oversee the Marketing Communication unit and be responsible for identifying creative marketing campaign, communication strategies, and integrated channel plans.
The communication team is part of the Strategy, Partnership and Communications (SPC) Department. As the front office of the Director-General, the SPC is both internal facing, in that it supports GGGI to fulfil its strategic vision, and external facing in that it supports the DG in developing and maintaining relationships with partners and mobilizing resources. Comprised of three interrelated units, the department ensures the Director General is effectively supported to play his role as the 'global voice' for green growth.
The Communications Unit will drive the implementation of the recently approved communications strategy, which will focus on raising the profile of GGGI externally, improving the internal communication with change management campaigns, and, crucially, by increasing GGGI’s capacity to create and manage communications material.
Head of Communication Unit will play a critical role in promoting Green Growth in developing and emerging countries through communication, brand management, marketing and public relations.
Reporting to the Director of SPC, the Head of Communication be in charge of setting up, monitoring, and updating content across multiple communication platforms, while also digging into papers and policy briefs to identify key takeaways, do thorough copy editing and basic layouting to design effective communication outputs for GGGI. The successful candidate will:
- Formulate and elaborate GGGI communication and branding strategies and facilitate their implementations in collaboration with departmental/division-level resources, leading both internal and external communications
- Recommend proactive strategies and approaches to the management team and governance organs in order to ensure GGGI’s internal consolidation and external enhancement of reputation and visibility
- Ensure fully integrated marketing communications providing the GGGI marketing direction and brand management policies, including online and offline media.
- Lead development of major media campaigns and guides country level efforts to harness local media effectively
- Oversee performance and responsibilities of Marketing Communication Unit staff in the day-to-day workflow
- Manage the budget spending and resource mobilization of the Marketing Communication Units
- Establish a network with major organizations/communities/donors/influencers to promote GGGI’s mission and brand globally
- Work with other business functions (HR, Program Implementation, Policy & Investments, Impact & Evaluation, etc.) to manage GGGI’s communications and branding works and lead the creation of content and messages across the organization.
- Secure support from management and stakeholders of GGGI on the implementation, promotion and strengthening of its brand, visibility and reputation
- Develop excellent working relationship with SPC unit heads to deliver integrated marketing communication strategies as well as other counter partners within the GGGI.
- Ensure engagement of team members and effective delivery of the work program by the Marketing Communication Unit
- Develop, compile and execute the communication strategies and advocacy plan in line with the overall GGGI strategy, channeling critical intelligence gathered from donors to more effectively align program development and fund raising;
- Produce key promotional products with high quality and regular internal and external communication materials
- Develop communication capacity across the organization
- Lead the collaboration across the organization and with partners to launch content campaigns designed to drive and measure leads and increase GGG’s brand awareness
- Design and coordinate media campaigns, advertising, and all kinds of visibility on print, online, GGGI website, and social media
- Identify relevant communication & branding opportunities across the Organization’s deliverables and outcomes and develop the strategy to support the teams in enhancing their communication skills by helping to write/ edit blogs and publications and by providing guidance
- Maintain and constantly improve GGGI’s brand position, utilizing a number of outlets, including digital marketing technology such as but not limited to: blogging, bylines, press relations, and industry events; presentations, data sheets, white papers, and customer case studies
- Manage and guide GGGI’s communications and branding works and lead the creation of content and messages across the organization. This includes: (i) developing and implementing key communications and advocacy-focused aspects of GGGI’s interventions/initiatives; (ii) managing, update and monitor contents across platforms (website, emails, collaterals, etc.) and social media channels on an ongoing basis; (iii) ensuring initiatives and projects are clearly communicated to key internal and external audiences; and (iv) Participating in the planning of external and internal events, conferences, fairs, and media campaigns to align its message with the GGGI overall strategies
- At least Master’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, public administration or other relevant fields
- 10+ years of progressive experience in marketing, communicating, and branding experience with In-depth understanding of marketing and communication strategies and a proven track record of performance meeting targets and delivering impact
- Solid Communication and marketing skills with: (i) Excellent English writing, editing, and speaking skills; (ii) Ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders at all levels of the organization – from the end user to the decision maker; (iii) A compelling storyteller with a strategic and analytical mind that can engage and educate customers and prospects
- Experience running marketing campaigns: collateral, reporting and analytics including email and advertising campaigns (such as Google AdWords) with good Working knowledge of social media (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Digital marketing skills: a deep understanding of digital marketing is essential with strong ability to keep up with the industry/trends and be open to sharing your insights
- Good presentation skills, with demonstrated confidence to give presentation to audiences of any size
- Strong analytical skills with ability to look at the broader perspective
- Technical skills and level of autonomy: High computer skills (high proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel) with strong
- Organizational skills: Ability to prioritize projects effectively, juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines, with a strong ability to approach your work in an organized manner
- Interpersonal skills: the position requires strong interpersonal relationship skills for establishing, building, and maintaining relationship with multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing events, including trade shows, webcasts, and conferences together with Strong understanding of CRM’s practices may be required, especially Salesforce is a plus.Teamwork abilities with: (i) Experience working in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork and self-motivation were critical for success; and (ii) Experience leading a small Communication team is required
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies/techniques as well as plan and execute on deliverables with minimal supervision is required
- Be able to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Have an excellent eye for detail
- Be an excellent communicator with proactive attitude and creative solution oriented problem solving approach
- Must possess strong leadership skills, the ability to effectively manage and solve conflicts and problems in a highly-collaborative environment.
- Experience connecting business strategy and communication strategy.
- Demonstrate GGGI core values in day-to-day actions
- Steward of public resources and advocate of the organization’s values
HOW TO APPLY
Further information and details regarding this position can be found here.
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) was founded on the belief that economic growth and environmental sustainability are not merely compatible objectives; their integration is essential for the future of humankind. GGGI works with partners in the public and private sector in developing countries around the world to put green growth at the heart of economic planning.
GGGI supports emerging and developing countries that seek to develop rigorous green growth economic development strategies. GGGI carries out research into various aspects of green growth theory and practice and facilitates the engagement of the private sector expertise and resources in the implementation of green growth strategies.