How can countries build up a critical mass of professionals that understand the risks and opportunities of the green transition? How can we strengthen policy makers' capacities to design and implement green economy policies?
The 2nd Global Forum on Green Economy Learning, "Green Economy: New Challenges, New Skills", focused on the issue of learning and skills development for current and future decision-makers, technical staff in Ministries, and others involved in policy design and implementation. The overall goal was to scale-up knowledge and skills development for devising green economy solutions that are inclusive and address concerns related to economic competitiveness and employment.
More specifically, the Forum aimed to:
- Discuss how to identify critical knowledge and skills gaps of policy professionals
- Identify examples of effective learning actions in support of an inclusive green transition
- Identify and measure the results and impacts of effective skills development
- Engage learning institutions such as public administration schools in delivering green economy learning actions
- Initiate South-South-North partnerships to exchange information and experience on green economy learning
The Green Economy Learning Forum will took place on 26-27 November 2018, in conjunction with the Sixth GGKP Annual Conference and the 2018 OECD Green Growth and Sustainable Development (GGSD) Forum at the OECD Conference Center in Paris, France. Together, the three events aimed to address the political economy of green and low-carbon policy reforms, identify their distributional impacts, and explore inclusive solutions for households, workers, sectors and regions to help them contribute to a greener future.
If you need more information about the Green Economy Learning Forum, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details, see:
- Main Goal and Objectives of the Forum
- 1st Forum on Green Economy Learning
The Learning Forum was joinly organized by the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE), the Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), Environment for Development (EfD) and the Green Economy Coalition (GEC).