- Resource 2133 Apply Resource filter
- Person 646 Apply Person filter
- Learning resource 457 Apply Learning resource filter
- News 395 Apply News filter
- Event 339 Apply Event filter
- Blog 273 Apply Blog filter
- Project 255 Apply Project filter
- Case Studies 226 Apply Case Studies filter
- National Documents 161 Apply National Documents filter
- BIG-E 123 Apply BIG-E filter
- Organization 79 Apply Organization filter
- Hero Feature 57 Apply Hero Feature filter
- Page 19 Apply Page filter
- Multimedia 8 Apply Multimedia filter
- Webform 2 Apply Webform filter
Enabling the Transition to a Green Economy: Government and business working together proposes means by which the Government and business in the UK can work together to catalyse the transition to the green economy. It explains the potential benefits that the green economy will bring to the UK including: mitigating risks from increasing and fluctuating fossil fuel prices and climate change impacts, and seizing the opportunities from new and emerging markets both nationally and internationally.
The strategy documents what the UK Government is doing to ease the transition, which include: promotion of international action; regulation; financial incentives; voluntary agreements; fiscalmeasures; public sector procurement; provision of information; and targeted work to unblock non‐financial barriers to the deployment of clean energy technologies.
The report concludes with a section on how UK businesses can work with the Government to benefit from the transition to the new global green economy.