Produced in 2010 Guyana's REDD+ Governance Development Plan indicated key activities to be carried out, time-frame for implementation and lead agencies responsible for each of the activities. The June 2011 version of the REDD+ Governance Development Plan provides updates from the previous version and it includes progress made on improving forest governance during 2009 and 2010.
Underpinned under Guyana's low carbon development strategy REDD+ Governance Development Plan will further include:
- Progress on the development of the MRV system in accordance with the MRV Roadmap established in 2009.
- Establishment of an Independent Forest Monitoring Mechanism.
- The European Union Forest Law Enforcement, Government and Trade (EU-FLEGT) process system for coordinated land use.
- The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) process.
- Guyana's progress in meeting its obligation under the UN Convention on Biodiversity.