Resulted from the consulting project between Barbados Ministry of Environment and Drainage and Export-Import Bank of Korea (KEXIM) the report Consultancy for the Development of a Route Optimization Study in Solid Waste Collection in Barbados studies route optimization and determines the improvement points for the solid waste collection process and systems in Barbados.
The consulting project's main objective was to conduct a route optimization study for solid waste collection in Barbados as the number of problems arose from the inefficient collection of solid waste and illegal dumping. Therefore, the consulting report proposes solutions and alternatives to solve the current problems and issues related to solid waste collection and management in order to make the solid waste collection and management activities more efficient and standardized. The scopes of the study were:
- Solid waste collection, recycling process, and solid waste disposal process.
- Hazardous waste collection was excluded from this study.
- Residential waste with some concentration on commercial waste.
- Industrial waste was out of scope.
The project implementation plan included:
- Preparation and As-Is analysis stage
- Case study and recommendation stage
- Dissemination seminar stage
- Capacity building workshop stage