The Sustainable Infrastructure Portal is a repository of the latest news, insights, research and tools on the financing of sustainable infrastructure.
Developed by the MAVA Foundation and the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), the Sustainable Infrastructure Portal can help governments, citizens and financiers address the challenges in closing the USD 90 trillion global infrastructure gap and to position infrastructure as the catalyst for realising the Sustainable Development Goals.
IISD defines Sustainable Infrastructure as assets that:
- Lower carbon and environmental footprints
- Provide for the stewardship of natural ecosystems
- Move beyond compliance on core labour standards and human rights
- Provide for the use of clean technologies
- Trigger green innovation across domestic and international value chains
- Spur investment in education, up-skilling and research & development
- Increase employment
- Are financially viable
- Crowd-in domestic investors and businesses
- Increase Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and domestic value-added
- Optimize value for money for tax payers and investors across the asset lifecycle