On 24 January 2018 (3:00 PM - 4:00 PM CET/2:00 PM - 3:00 PM GMT), the Green Lending Forum is holding a webinar on "Solar for Business in Africa".
Sub-Saharan Africa’s commercial and industrial (C&I) sector faces relatively high electricity tariffs and an often unreliable grid which further exacerbates costs. Businesses can hedge their energy costs, lock in savings and diversify their energy sources with on-site solar. This webinar will help you understand the current status of the C&I solar market in the region and discuss risks and opportunities in the sector.
This webinar will cover:
- The economics of on-site solar compared to the grid
- What types of customers are using on-site solar
- What business models vendors are using successfully
- The regulatory and financing landscape for the sector
- You work in a financial institution (public or private) and you want to understand opportunities and risk in the African C&I solar market
- You are developing solar projects in Africa and need an overview of the market
- You work in a development agency or as a policy maker and want to discover ways to accelerate solar markets in Africa