On 18 March 2019 (8:00 CET), German Corporation for International Cooperation (GIZ), Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB), and the Center for International Climate Research (CICERO) are holding a webinar on "Green Bonds: An innovative and efficient way of financing green investments."
This webinar gives a practical and concise introduction to the essentials of green bonds covering the following topics:
- Background: Why green bonds matter?
- What is a green bond ?
- Green bond market development
- Why issue and invest in green bonds?
- The Green Bond Principles & other standards
- How to set up a green bond framework?
- The green bond issuance process
- External reviews
- Impact reporting
The webinar is aimed at:
- Individuals or institutions that are considering to issue or invest in bonds with environmental benefits
- Professionals involved in underwriting, research, consultancy, or other professional services for green bonds
- Other individuals/institutions with an interest in sustainable finance and green bonds
You will learn from leading international green bond experts, who have spearheaded the global green bond market development since its very beginning. Speakers are:
- Ben Powell, Senior Banker, Climate & Sustainable Finance, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB)
- Kristina Alnes, Senior Advisor in Climate Finance, Center for International Climate and Environmental Research - Oslo (CICERO)
- Luiza Linton, Project Manager, Sustainable Finance, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
To participate in the webinar, please use this link.
The webinar will be held in English.