To what extent can the concepts of green economy and green growth live up to their promises economic growth and environmental preservation? How do we switch our economies to green growth pathways, and what kind of policy instruments are needed for this? And what are the business models and economic opportunities involved in a green economy addressing climate goals? The GREEN-WIN project aims to provide answers to these questions through practical win-win strategies which shall be discussed in this upcoming webinar.
The GGKP and GREEN-WIN held a webinar on 22 February 15:00-16:30 (CET) exploring these questions. The webinar focussed on three key GREEN-WIN projects on green business models. GREEN-WIN is developing governance models and implementation solutions to address climate change. The webinar outlined early findings from the project on integration of climate strategies, access to sustainable development finance, flood risk management in coastal regions, and transformations in urban areas.
- Jochen Hinkel, Senior Researcher, Global Climate Forum, Co-ordinator of the GREEN-WIN project (see bio here)
- Nadia Ameli, Senior Researcher Associate, University College London, Institute for Sustainable Resources (see bio here)
- Mark de Bel - Expert Advisor Economy, Deltares (see bio here)
- Yuge Ma, Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford (see bio here).
- Moderated by: Sandy Bisaro, Institutional Economist and Researcher, Global Climate Forum (see bio here).
Follow GREEN-WIN on Twitter @greenwinproject