UNECE - Promote Information on Clean Air Technologies
The UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) commits to promoting the use of guidance documents on best available techniques to ensure the implementation of clean air technologies in various economic sectors. UNECE will provide web-access through its Green Economy Toolbox to the texts of guidance documents developed and adopted under the UNECE Convention on Long-range Transboundary Air Pollution (Air Convention) in English, Russian and French. These documents identify best abatement options for various air pollutants and economic activity sectors, as well as economic instruments to reduce their emissions. UNECE will also spread this information through press releases, seminars, advisory missions and meetings with UNECE member States representatives, national stakeholders and experts. The commitment will reduce emissions of air pollutants as a result of countries implementing best available techniques. In turn, these lower emissions will result in reduced negative impacts on human health and the environment.
This commitment falls under Batumi focus areas Focus areas 5 and 2 to develop clean physical capital for sustainable production patterns and to promote the internalisation of negative externalities and the sustainable use of natural capital.
Implementing partners include Subsidiary bodies under the Air Convention, private companies, scientific institutes, and non-governmental organisations.
The commitment is relevant to SDG targets 2.4, 3.4, 3.9, 7a, 9.4, 11.4, 11.6, 12.2, 12.4, 13.2, 14.1, 15.4, 15.5, and 17.16.
- Resource 2102 Apply Resource filter
- Person 631 Apply Person filter
- Learning resource 428 Apply Learning resource filter
- News 378 Apply News filter
- Event 325 Apply Event filter
- Blog 265 Apply Blog filter
- Project 255 Apply Project filter
- Case Studies 223 Apply Case Studies filter
- BIG-E 123 Apply BIG-E filter
- National Documents 112 Apply National Documents filter
- Organization 78 Apply Organization filter
- Hero Feature 57 Apply Hero Feature filter
- Page 19 Apply Page filter
- Multimedia 8 Apply Multimedia filter
- Webform 2 Apply Webform filter