- Resource 2133 Apply Resource filter
- Person 646 Apply Person filter
- Learning resource 457 Apply Learning resource filter
- News 395 Apply News filter
- Event 339 Apply Event filter
- Blog 273 Apply Blog filter
- Project 255 Apply Project filter
- Case Studies 226 Apply Case Studies filter
- National Documents 161 Apply National Documents filter
- BIG-E 123 Apply BIG-E filter
- Organization 79 Apply Organization filter
- Hero Feature 57 Apply Hero Feature filter
- Page 19 Apply Page filter
- Multimedia 8 Apply Multimedia filter
- Webform 2 Apply Webform filter
The Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources of Ukraine commits to develop and implement state policy to prevent climate change.
The Paris Agreement aims to prevent climate change and strengthen global responses to the effects of climate change in the context of sustainable development and efforts to overcome poverty. In accordance with the provisions of the Paris Agreement, each country should develop its nationally determined contributions aimed at achieving the goals of sustainable low-carbon development of all sectors of the economy and increasing the ability to adapt to the adverse effects of climate change. Ukraine signed and on July 14, 2016, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine ratified the Paris Agreement, which contains rules regarding the elaboration of long-term low greenhouse gas emission development strategies.
The commitment falls under focus area 1 of the Batumi Initiative to improve natural capital change and assessment.
Implementing partners will include the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine and others.
The commitment is relevant to SDG 13.