Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe (REC) commits to develop and implement the INTERREG Europe Policy Learning Platforms. The main objective of the Interreg Europe Policy Learning Platforms (PLP) is to facilitate ongoing EU-wide policy learning and capitalisation of practices among stakeholders of regional relevance in order to strengthen regional policies, and in particular programmes for Investment for Growth and Jobs and, where relevant, European Territorial Cooperation. A particular emphasis is placed on providing regional policy makers with the tools and information for them to improve the performance of regional development policies and programmes. By offering relevant advice and support services the Platforms help policy makers find solutions to improve their own policies and enhance their impact and their contribution to EU strategic priorities notably through interregional cooperation projects. The REC is coordinating the platform on protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency. The project is implemented for the INTERREG Europe’s Joint Secretariat.
The commitment falls under focus areas 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 of the Batumi Initiative to improve the measurement and valuation of natural capital; promote the internalization of negative externalities and the sustainable use of natural capital; enhance ecosystems and ecosystem services as part of ecological infrastructure; shift consumer behaviours towards sustainable consumption patterns; develop clean physical capital for sustainable production patterns; promote green and fair trade; and increase green and decent jobs, while developing the necessary human capital.
Implementing partners will include INNO TSD; Ecorys; META; Trinomics; AER, LSIC; EMG Group Plc; and SIA Siriuss.
The commitment is relevant to SDGs 3, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15.
- Resource 1619 Apply Resource filter
- Person 474 Apply Person filter
- News 317 Apply News filter
- Learning resource 250 Apply Learning resource filter
- Project 229 Apply Project filter
- Blog 205 Apply Blog filter
- Best Practices 185 Apply Best Practices filter
- Event 170 Apply Event filter
- BIG-E 116 Apply BIG-E filter
- Organization 59 Apply Organization filter
- Hero Feature 57 Apply Hero Feature filter
- Page 17 Apply Page filter
- Multimedia 8 Apply Multimedia filter