The Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus (REC Caucasus) commits to support the South Caucasus countries in environmental reporting and monitoring. REC Caucasus commits to support the creation of database based on Shared Environmental Information system principles in order to establish better monitoring systems. In addition, REC Caucasus will improve public participation in the decision-making process for a better environment. The commitment will lead to the design of the integrated approaches, instruments and tools helpful to the process of monitoring and reporting on achieved results in South Caucasus countries.
The commitment falls under focus area 9 of the Batumi Initiative to promote public participation and education for sustainable development.
Implementing partners will include Implementing partners will include National partners including state statistics committees, ministries of economy, and ministries of the environment protection, ministries of education, as well as small and medium enterprises, civil society organisations, and relevant international organisation and projects.
The commitment is relevant to SDG 17.
- Resource 1832 Apply Resource filter
- Person 586 Apply Person filter
- News 344 Apply News filter
- Learning resource 329 Apply Learning resource filter
- Event 257 Apply Event filter
- Project 234 Apply Project filter
- Blog 232 Apply Blog filter
- Best Practices 200 Apply Best Practices filter
- BIG-E 123 Apply BIG-E filter
- Organization 62 Apply Organization filter
- Hero Feature 57 Apply Hero Feature filter
- Page 18 Apply Page filter
- Multimedia 8 Apply Multimedia filter
- Webform 2 Apply Webform filter