REC Caucasus - Promote Circular Economy in the South Caucasus Region
The Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus (REC Caucasus) commits to support the South Caucasus countries’ public and private sectors in the application of Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) and Sustainable Consumption Patterns. REC Caucasus also commits to provide a platform for sharing information on action plans, new technologies and approaches on shifting to a green economy. The commitments will result in the acceptance and implementation of required green measures and actions in all sectors of the economy in the South Caucasus Countries. The commitment also aims to increase the South Caucasus Countries’ accessibility to new knowledge and information.
The commitment falls under focus areas 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 of the Batumi Initiative to Improve the measurement and valuation of natural capital; enhance ecosystems and ecosystem services as part of ecological infrastructure; shift consumer behaviours towards sustainable consumption patterns; develop clean physical capital for sustainable production patterns; and promote green and fair trade; Increase green and decent jobs, while developing the necessary human capital.
Implementing partners will include National partners including ministries of economy, and ministries of the environment protection, ministries of education, as well as small and medium enterprises, civil society organisations, and relevant international organisation and projects.
The commitment is relevant to SDG 9 and 12.
- Resource 2046 Apply Resource filter
- Person 622 Apply Person filter
- Learning resource 400 Apply Learning resource filter
- News 359 Apply News filter
- Event 311 Apply Event filter
- Blog 259 Apply Blog filter
- Project 242 Apply Project filter
- Case Studies 212 Apply Case Studies filter
- BIG-E 123 Apply BIG-E filter
- Organization 78 Apply Organization filter
- Hero Feature 57 Apply Hero Feature filter
- Page 19 Apply Page filter
- Multimedia 8 Apply Multimedia filter
- Webform 2 Apply Webform filter