Georgia commits to introduce resource efficient production and consumption (REPC) concept in order to promote the transition towards green economy by decoupling economic growth from environmental degradation and resource depletion. The introduction of RECP should result in higher productivity and thus competitiveness on global markets, better management of natural capital, enhanced environmental quality of life, more resilient ecosystems and economies, and new business and export opportunities. Elaboration of concrete measures, policy instruments and special raising awareness campaigns which will promote the RECP methods among small and medium enterprises are one of the priorities of the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development. The introduction of RECP methods will enhance the efficient use of natural resources including water, energy and materials as well as minimize the impact on environment and nature, by preventing the generation of waste and emissions including those discharged to water, air or on land. On the other hand, these methods will decrease the production costs for industry representatives.
The commitment falls under focus area 5 of the Batumi Initiative to develop clean physical for sustainable production patterns.
Implementing partners will include the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, other relevant governmental institutions, and international organizations.
The commitment is relevant to SDG targets 8.3, 8.4, 9.4, 9.b and SDG 12.
- Resource 1832 Apply Resource filter
- Person 586 Apply Person filter
- News 344 Apply News filter
- Learning resource 329 Apply Learning resource filter
- Event 257 Apply Event filter
- Project 234 Apply Project filter
- Blog 232 Apply Blog filter
- Best Practices 200 Apply Best Practices filter
- BIG-E 123 Apply BIG-E filter
- Organization 62 Apply Organization filter
- Hero Feature 57 Apply Hero Feature filter
- Page 18 Apply Page filter
- Multimedia 8 Apply Multimedia filter
- Webform 2 Apply Webform filter