Georgia - Develop the Education for Sustainable Development Strategy and Action Plan
Georgia commits to develop and implement the Education for Sustainable Development Georgian National Strategy and Action Plan for 2018-2022. Despite the achievements in the field of environmental education and education for sustainable development (ESD) in Georgia, further effort is needed to maximize the potential of this field in the country. The development and implementation of the National Strategy and Action Plan will ensure that ESD in Georgia provides all citizen with knowledge, skills, values and attitudes necessary to live sustainably and foster environmentally responsible changes in society.
The commitment falls under focus area 9 of the Batumi Initiative to promote public participation, and education for sustainable development (ESD).
Implementing partners will include the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia.
The commitment is relevant to SDG target 12.8.
- Resource 2046 Apply Resource filter
- Person 622 Apply Person filter
- Learning resource 400 Apply Learning resource filter
- News 359 Apply News filter
- Event 311 Apply Event filter
- Blog 259 Apply Blog filter
- Project 242 Apply Project filter
- Case Studies 212 Apply Case Studies filter
- BIG-E 123 Apply BIG-E filter
- Organization 78 Apply Organization filter
- Hero Feature 57 Apply Hero Feature filter
- Page 19 Apply Page filter
- Multimedia 8 Apply Multimedia filter
- Webform 2 Apply Webform filter