Georgia commits to develop and implement the Education for Sustainable Development Georgian National Strategy and Action Plan for 2018-2022. Despite the achievements in the field of environmental education and education for sustainable development (ESD) in Georgia, further effort is needed to maximize the potential of this field in the country. The development and implementation of the National Strategy and Action Plan will ensure that ESD in Georgia provides all citizen with knowledge, skills, values and attitudes necessary to live sustainably and foster environmentally responsible changes in society.
The commitment falls under focus area 9 of the Batumi Initiative to promote public participation, and education for sustainable development (ESD).
Implementing partners will include the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia.
The commitment is relevant to SDG target 12.8.
- Resource 1703 Apply Resource filter
- Person 555 Apply Person filter
- News 332 Apply News filter
- Learning resource 275 Apply Learning resource filter
- Project 229 Apply Project filter
- Blog 215 Apply Blog filter
- Best Practices 186 Apply Best Practices filter
- Event 182 Apply Event filter
- BIG-E 116 Apply BIG-E filter
- Organization 62 Apply Organization filter
- Hero Feature 57 Apply Hero Feature filter
- Page 18 Apply Page filter
- Multimedia 8 Apply Multimedia filter
- Webform 1 Apply Webform filter