Finland commits to developing transboundary cooperation with neighbouring countries in order to improve ecosystem services provided by shared water bodies. The commitment will enhance transboundary cooperation, economic growth and reduce flood damages.
The commitment falls under focus areas 3 of the Batumi Initiative to enhance ecosystems and ecosystem services as part of ecological infrastructures.
Implementing partners will include transboundary river commissions.
The commitment is relevant to SDGs 6 and 14.
- Resource 1491 Apply Resource filter
- Person 418 Apply Person filter
- News 292 Apply News filter
- Project 222 Apply Project filter
- Learning resource 215 Apply Learning resource filter
- Blog 197 Apply Blog filter
- Event 144 Apply Event filter
- Best Practices 126 Apply Best Practices filter
- BIG-E 116 Apply BIG-E filter
- Organization 56 Apply Organization filter
- Hero Feature 46 Apply Hero Feature filter
- Page 17 Apply Page filter
- Multimedia 8 Apply Multimedia filter